Have you ever needed a notary public? Perhaps you've had to sign a legal document and needed an official witness. Or maybe you've needed to notarize a document yourself. Either way, you would have needed to purchase Ohio notary supplies. But what exactly are Ohio notary supplies, and where can you get them? Ohio notary supplies are items that are used by notaries public in the state of Ohio. These items include notary seals, a bond, and an insurance policy. Here we explain what each of these supplies is for.
What Ohio Notary Supplies Are Needed?
An Ohio Notary needs a few supplies to perform their duties. These supplies include:
A Notary Commission Certificate:
The Notary Commission Certificate is issued by the Ohio Secretary of State. It has the Notary’s name, expiration date, and commission number. The certificate must be renewed every four years.
Ohio Notary Stamp:
The notary public self-inking stamp is used to stamp official documents with the required information, including the Notary’s name, commission number, and expiration date. You have many choices with either a round Ohio notary stamp or rectangular stamps. These stamps come as traditional regular rubber stamp, self inking stamps or pre-inked stamps. The pre-inked stamps are the perfect choice for the mobile notary as you need them to fit in a pocket or purse, and most are ordered with the commission expiration date.
A Record Book:
The Record Book is used to maintain a chronological record of every notarization performed. It must be filled out completely and accurately for each notarization.
Notarial Certificates are forms that are used to notarize documents. They must be completed accurately and completely for each notarization.
The Notary Journal is used to maintain a chronological record of every notarization performed. It must be filled out completely and accurately for each notarization.
Notary Public Seal or Notary Embossers:
The Notary Public Seal is used to stamp official documents with the required information, including the Notary’s name, commission number, and expiration date.
Ohio Notary Seal Embosser:
The Ohio Notary Embosser is used to create embossed Ohio notary seals on official documents. The Ohio notary seal must be applied in a way that does not damage the document.
Seal Impression Inker
The seal impression inker is a black, solid circle stamper that is used in conjunction with a notary embosser. You would emboss the page which creates a raised impression and then stamp the inker over top of it to darken the seal image.
What Are The Benefits Of Being A Notary Public In Ohio?
There are many benefits to being a Notary Public in Ohio. As a Notary, you can:
- Witness and attest to signatures on legal documents
- Administer oaths and affirmations
- Take acknowledgments of deeds, powers of attorney, and other instruments
- Certify copies of certain documents
- Perform wedding ceremonies (in some counties)
Being a Notary Public is a great way to get involved in your community and to help others.
Where To Find These Supplies
Notary supplies in Ohio can be found in a few different places.
- The first place to check would be your local county clerk’s office. They will usually have a notary public on staff that can help you with any questions or concerns you may have about getting your supplies.
- Another great place to find notary supplies is through an online search. There are many websites that sell notary supplies, and they will often have a variety of different products to choose from.
- At ESS, we have everything you need to get started as a notary public in Ohio. We carry a wide range of supplies, including Ohio notary stamps, seals, and other accessories.
- You can also find notary supplies at some office supply stores, but it is always best to call ahead and make sure they have what you need before making the trip.
Things To Keep In Mind:
- When you are ready to purchase your notary supplies, be sure to have your commission certificate and photo ID with you.
- You will need to purchase a Notary seal, which must be affixed to all documents that you notarize.
- You will also need to purchase a Journal of Notarial Acts, in which you must record all the Notarial Acts that you perform.
- Be sure to keep your Notary supplies in a safe and secure place, as they are valuable items.
What Are The Benefits Of Having The Right Supplies?
There are many benefits of having the right notary supplies on hand.
- First, having the right supplies ensures that you can properly and accurately notarize documents. This is extremely important, as even a small mistake on a document can invalidate it.
- Second, having the right supplies also helps to make the notarization process quicker and easier. This can save you a lot of time, especially if you are notarizing multiple documents.
- Finally, having the right supplies also helps to create a professional image. This can be helpful when working with clients or customers, as it will show that you are serious about your work and that you are organized and prepared.
Overall, there are many benefits of having the right notary supplies on hand. This can help to make your work more accurate and professional, and it can save you time in the long run.
Storage And Maintenance Tips For Your Notary Supplies
As a notary, you are responsible for the upkeep of your own notary supplies. This includes everything from your notarial seal to your journal and record book. Depending on the laws in your state, you may be required to store your supplies in a locked container when not in use.
Here are some tips to help you keep your notary supplies in good condition:
- Keep your journal and record book in a safe place where they will not get damaged or lost.
- If you have an embossing seal, do not store it in the same container as your rubber stamp seal. The two types of seals should be stored separately to prevent damage.
- Check your state laws to see if you are required to store your supplies in a locked container when not in use. If so, make sure to choose a sturdy container that can be locked.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your notary supplies will be in good condition and ready to use when you need them.
After learning about all the different types of notary supplies that are available in Ohio, we hope you feel more confident and prepared to take on your next notarization!
Remember, being a notary is an important responsibility and requires great attention to detail. But with the right supplies, knowledge, and preparation, you'll be able to notarize like a pro in no time. Thanks for reading!
Ohio Notaries have a lot of choices but they come to ESS because they know that their seal is made to state requirements. Your order will also ship the same day or by the next business day.