Understanding the rules and regulations associated with the use of the Wisconsin architectural seal is essential to insure the safety, health, and welfare of the public. Architects design and create specifications builders follow to construct not only aesthetically pleasing but also sound buildings and structures. Affixing the Wisconsin architectural seal to documents states that the designs adhere to important national and state regulations.
Wisconsin Architecture Seal Requirements
Let’s start with the basics. The specified requirements for the Wisconsin architectural seal. Different states ask their registered architects to follow specific sizes, wording, and even shape specifications when it comes to their architectural seals. Wisconsin is no different. The following are the expectations for the Wisconsin architectural seal:
- Rubber stamp
- Embossing seal
- The size of the stamp or seal must be between 1-5/8” to 2” in diameter
- Registered architect’s name
- Registration or permit number (License Number)
- City and state in which the registered architect conducts business
- Two letters of United States Postal state abbreviation may be used for state
- Prefix “A” used before registration or permit number
Today, many people move from one part of the country to another and from one state to another. An architect who moves his or her business from one state to another must know the specific state requirements before conducting business in his or her new state.
Documents Requiring the Wisconsin Architectural Seal and Wisconsin Architect Seal State Guidelines
Once the architect has the proper Wisconsin architectural seal, he or she must understand when and where this seal should be used per the examining board rules.
- Each sheet of plans, drawings, documents, reports, and specifications is required to be signed, sealed with the official Wisconsin architectural seal, and dated by the registered architect who planned him or herself, controlled the planning of, or directed the planning of the documents
- When the sheets of plans, drawings, documents, reports, or specifications are bound together, the registered architect holding the Wisconsin architectural seal may seal and sign the index pages or title sheet so long as these pages identify the following pages clearly
- Any changes to the plans, drawings, documents, reports, or specifications that impact the health and welfare of the public must also be sealed and signed
- Documents created and designed by the United States registered engineer under the direct supervision of the architect in possession of the Wisconsin architectural seal
- In the above scenario, the registered engineer for whom the architect is affixing the Wisconsin architectural seal must attach to the documents signed and dated certifications describing the work performed by the engineer and certifying that the registered architect with the Wisconsin architectural seal bears responsibility for the designs and plans
When Does Wisconsin Require Original Documents to be Filed?
All documents filed with public agencies must be original, sealed, and signed adhering to the following guidelines:
- Signed in permanent ink contrasting the Wisconsin architect’s seal
- By an electronic signature within the guidelines of Wisconsin’s 137.06 statutes as permitted by government agencies the documents will be filed with
If you are familiar with other states’ guidelines for the use of architectural seals you may notice that Wisconsin’s architectural seal comes with additional criteria. This is to insure the standards set forth by the governing bodies and boards in Wisconsin are strictly adhered to for the safety and welfare of the public.
Too often the public overlooks the great responsibility that many professions, such as architects, engineers, land surveyors, and more hold. Rules and regulations for medical professionals are widely accepted and understood, however, the importance of the regulations for architects and engineers is just as vital to public well-being. The Wisconsin architect’s seal is a recognizable sign that the plans and designs for buildings and structures in Wisconsin are followed.
Wisconsin Architect Stamps & Architect Seals
As a Wisconsin Architect, you have so many choices when it comes to what stamp model you have. Do you want a traditional wooden handle stamp that you use with a separate ink pad? Or do you prefer to choose from 11 ink colors and have a built-in ink pad like a self-inking stamp? Some prefer a slim line stamp that is pre-inked and small enough to fit in a back pocket.
Slim Pre-Inked Wisconsin Architect Stamp
Are you a newly licensed architect in Wisconsin? Congratulations! Make sure that all your architecture projects have your seal with our Slim Pre-Inked Wisconsin Architect Seal Stamp. This stamp is made to state board specifications and comes backed by our state board guarantee. It’s simple to use; just press and print your stamp!
You can even get it in one of five ink colors so that it looks exactly how you want it. Plus, each slim design is easy enough to carry around in your pocket, purse, or bag, no bulky cases are required. When the ink starts running low, no problem, the stamp is refillable! Quiet, clean stamping means you won’t have to worry about disturbing those around you, so your coworkers will thank you. Get peace of mind with the 6-month warranty on performance!
This pre-inked Wisconsin architect seal stamp is sure to be perfect for all of your architectural projects. With each stamp purchase, you do receive a free electronic file in a jpg format.
Wisconsin Architect Seal Options
You also have lots of choices when it comes to your Wisconsin architect seal, you may want a basic handheld seal that is cost-effective and extremely portable. Or you might want a heavy-duty extended long reach.
It is essential to understand the regulations set forth by examining boards for architects and engineers in Wisconsin. With a variety of stamps shipped on the same day, it's easy to find the perfect stamp for your needs on our website. We guarantee that all orders ship within 24 hours so you can get started quickly with your review process.
Our products come backed by a 6-month warranty and free electronic seal in jpg format for the price paid, giving you peace of mind when ordering from us. Whether you're looking for something basic or heavy-duty, we have everything you need to make sure your architectural projects are compliant with state board standards. Start shopping today!
At ESS, we understand that when it comes to your Wisconsin architect stamp, you need it shipped quickly and efficiently. That's why we offer quick production times, so you can get your stamp when you need it. We also don't have a minimum quantity requirement for orders, so whether you're ordering one stamp or hundreds of stamps, you can be sure your order will be fulfilled. Plus, all our stamps come with a lifetime guarantee, so you know they'll last! Browse our selection of Wisconsin architect seals today and get the perfect stamp for your project.
With ESS, you can trust that you're getting the highest quality stamps available. If you have any questions about ordering or using your stamp, our friendly customer service representatives are here to help. So don't wait - get your perfect Wisconsin architect seal today! No matter what type of Wisconsin Architect Seal you choose, make sure it is backed by the state board and adheres to the latest building standards and regulations outlined in Wisconsin.